Solution Architect, Specialty Domain - Worldwide
9 days ago
Job Summary:The Google Cloud Solutions Architect is the front-line expert at working with Rackspace’s customers, sales teams, solutions engineers, and product development/management groups. Work Location: Remote
- Be highly involved in the design and development of business applications and Cloud-specific solutions.
- Design high quality futuristic solutions.
- Work hand in hand with Rackspace’s sales teams to understand the customers’ business and technical objectives and then design solutions that leverage existing supported Cloud technologies.
- Work with product management and product engineering to help implement new standards and new processes that allow Rackspace to solve for the customer’s needs.
- Be innately service-oriented and always communicates with respect and professionalism.
- Be comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base.
- Interact in an engaging way with individuals and groups while conveying the value of Rackspace services with clarity of the benefits to the customer.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business Required. Experience may substitute for the degree requirement at a rate of 3 years’ experience for 1 year of education.
- Having GCP Specific PCA and other certs or the ability to quickly obtain a Google PCA certification is required. Any of the following industry certifications are a plus: Linux+, Azure, AWS, RHCSA, RHCE, MCSE, MCSA, CCNA, Google, etc.
- 5+ years of solution architecture experience or hyperscaler specialty domain experience with a proven track record of solutioning for hyperscaler services.
- Strong understanding of the SRE practice concepts and Google Cloud services such as App Engine, GKE, Bigtable, BigQuery, GCE, Anthos, VertexAI, and other Google services.
- Familiar with Professional Services delivery frameworks and methodologies.
- Experience writing professional services statements of works.
- Solid understanding of the DevOps concepts for CI/CD, configuration management, orchestration, etc.
- IT Industry experience or exposure to technologies and applications such as K8S, ISTIO, Docker, OpenShift, Machine Learning, Data warehouse concepts, and GenAI is a plus.
- The ability to travel approximately 25-40%. Discover your inner Racker: Racker Life
About Rackspace TechnologyWe are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace TechnologyThough we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Originally posted on Himalayas