Solution Engineer - (Remote - Boston) - Worldwide
Dynatrace exists to make the world’s software work perfectly. Our unified software intelligence platform combines broad and deep observability and continuous runtime application security with the most advanced AIOps to provide answers and intelligent automation from data at an enormous scale. This enables innovators to modernize and automate cloud operations, deliver software faster and more securely, and ensure flawless digital experiences. That is why the world’s largest organizations trust Dynatrace® to accelerate digital transformation.
We're an equal opportunity employer and embrace all applicants. Dynatrace wants YOU—your diverse background, talents, values, ideas, and expertise. These qualities are what make our global team stronger and more seasoned. We're fueled by the diversity of our talented employees.
Who is Dynatrace?
Dynatrace makes it easy and simple to monitor and run the most complex, hyper-scale multi-cloud ecosystems. Purpose built for today’s enterprises, Dynatrace is the only AI-powered, full stack and completely automated monitoring solution that provides deep insight (answers, not data) into every user, every transaction, across every application. That’s why over 2400 of world’s leading brands trust Dynatrace to optimize customer experiences, innovate faster, and modernize IT operations with absolute confidence.
Dynatrace is leading the way in Advanced Observability, has innovative and exciting solutions to combat the performance challenges of today and are looking for innovative people to join our team.
What’s the role?
As a Dynatrace Sales Engineer, you will be a key member of the Dynatrace sales engine and will be responsible for providing excellent technical support to the sales team. You will be the expert on Dynatrace and all facets of Advanced Observability. Within this exciting role, you will be responsible for executing great demos which demonstrate the Dynatrace unique approach in solving the customer’s pain, executing and managing POCs onsite and remote, building key relationships with Dynatrace’s customers and completing RFIs & RFPs. You will also work across teams including Dynatrace’s innovation labs, Dynatrace’s Expert Services consultants, CSMs and marketing.
To ensure your success as a Sales Engineer at Dynatrace, you need to be an ambitious, confident and self-motivated individual, with previous SE experience or another technical customer facing role. You need to be passionate about innovative technology, technical sales and articulating value to customers and prospects. In addition, we are also looking for:
- An excellent team player, with the ability to work across all disciplines.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate technical value into business value.
- Previous 3 – 5 years of experience with observability or application performance management technologies and techniques.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues to produce a working outcome and be able to manage this process.
- Ability to manage a number of projects simultaneously, work with a number of different sales people and support other SEs where needed.
- Must have a strong desire to grow professionally, adapt to an ever-changing environment and are coachable.
- Must be able to travel up to 30% of the time
- Evangelize Dynatrace’s product offerings during international trade shows and at key customer account meetings to promote new and expanded business.
- Partner with sales representatives to identify new sales opportunities as well as incremental sales opportunities within existing accounts.
- As part of the solution engineering team participate in proof of concept (PoC) creation and cloud architecture discussions, leading the technical solution evaluation portion in support of sales opportunities either directly or through channel partners for multiple POCs.
- Present Dynatrace’s vision to our customers C-suite executives.
- Provide technical guidance in the Discovery, Solution Evaluation, and Solution Proposal stages of the opportunity sales cycle.
- Present on-stage demonstrations providing insight and context to our customers during key marketing events. Either at Dynatrace sponsored industry events or partner sponsored events, ensure key demonstrations are delivered by you or a team member at demonstration booths.
- Gather, qualify and provide feedback from customers to Product Management to improve Dynatrace’s market share and meet the market needs.
- Build best practices and share knowledge the team to continuously develop and enhance both your personal and team capabilities.
- Work with local Sales and Sales Engineering leadership to identify learning/ development opportunities for you and the local team to maintain Dynatrace’s leadership position in the market.
- Create and modify Dynatrace template presentations, in order to attend the specific demands of each customer
- Not only work with internal sales team, but also with partners, supporting their team in the customers and being a technical point of contact for them (trusted advisor/technical coach).
Position might be filled at a higher level based on candidate experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent education or experience required.
- 3 years of experience with observability or application performance management technologies and techniques.
- Experience with programming / scripting side technologies such as Java, .NET, PHP, Go, Node.js and database.
- Advance knowledge of Operating Systems (OS) including Windows and Linux.
- Experience with DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering practices
- Knowledge with cloud platforms, including AWS, Azure or GCP
- Experience with modern technologies like containers, Kubernetes / OpenShift, Serverless functions, and CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with automation like Ansible, Puppet, Terraform, etc
- Dynatrace is a market share leader & a 12x magic quadrant leader
- Dynatrace invests more in R&D than some of our competitors’ total revenue, assuring market-leading customer value and quick adoption
- Dynatrace is trusted by over half of Fortune’s Top 10
- Dynatrace provides a culture of excellence with competitive compensation packages that recognize and reward greatness.
- Dynatrace gives you the chance to work with the largest of the Cloud players like AWS, Azure, VMware, and Google Cloud allowing our customers to have the best 3rd Generation Monitoring in the world. Not to mention we’re fully automated from the start, providing the most advanced solution leveraging our AI machine learning technology
Compensation and rewards:
- The salary range for this role is $190,000 - $240,000. When determining your salary, we consider your experience, skills, education, and work location.
- Our total compensation package includes unlimited personal time off, an employee stock purchase plan, and a reward system.
- We also offer medical/dental benefits, and a company matching 401(k) plan for retirement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We offer competitive compensation, company-sponsored premium benefits, medical, dental, vacation/holidays, company matching 401(k) Plan, etc. Dynatrace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities, age, sexual orientation, creed, disability status, veteran status, pregnancy, genetic status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact email@example.com. Dynatrace participates in E-Verify, participant information in English and Spanish. Right to work information in English and Spanish. EEO is the Law/EEO is the Law Supplement. To be considered for this position, please upload your resume/CV.
Originally posted on Himalayas