Sr. Financial Analyst, Corporate FP&A, Reporting - Worldwide
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We serve everyone from one-person startups to large, Fortune 100 enterprises with a powerful, trust-driven platform that enables companies and talent to work together in new ways that unlock their potential.
Last year, more than $3.8 billion of work was done through Upwork by skilled professionals who are gaining more control by finding work they are passionate about and innovating their careers.
Upwork is looking for a Sr. Financial Analyst to join the Corporate FPA team and to bring our financial reporting to the next level. This role will report directly to the Sr. Manager of Corporate FPA and will be a highly visible role. In this role, you will take ownership of monthly and quarterly variance/forecast reports, contribute materially to board meeting material and earnings preparation, and collaborate with fellow FPA team members to enhance standardization and consistency in our financial, key operational metrics and headcount reporting. In addition, you will also be responsible for enhancing and streamlining our current reporting processes, with a focus on automation and efficiency.
We are seeking individuals who are highly motivated, possess excellent attention to detail, and approach their work with a data-driven mindset, and can effectively collaborate within a team environment or work independently. If you have a track record of success in a dynamic, high-growth, and fast-paced environment, you are likely a strong fit for this role.
- Own monthly financial and forecast reports, and BU/segment reporting as part of the regular reporting cycle and as needed for ad hoc requests
- Develop budget variance reports and dashboards to evaluate each BU/function against budget utilization, and share with each BU lead on a regular cadence
- Collaborate with the Talent Acquisition team to develop and track hiring metrics, and take ownership of headcount reporting (both FTE and hybrid workers)
- Work closely with the Accounting and Investor Relations teams to provide support for external reporting during our earnings cycle, as well as assist with other internal and external forecast reporting obligations
- Partner with leaders on the Finance team to compile and report on key initiatives/metrics during Finance Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR)
- Provide ad-hoc analytics support at the corporate level; identify opportunities for operational improvements and take a proactive role in driving these enhancements
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Experience in the field of Finance with previous exposure to FPA; Corporate FPA experience is a plus
- Experience owning financial reporting and analysis including in-period pacing and earnings cycle reporting; demonstrated ability of building management reports and dashboards from scratch
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP accounting with a comprehensive understanding of the interrelationships among the three financial statements
- Strong financial and analytical skills with proficiency in handling large datasets and capability to interpret meaning behind the numbers
- Process-oriented mindset with experience driving automation/efficiencies
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to work independently to deliver accurate, high-quality outputs with minimal oversight
- Prior experience with Adaptive Insights, Oracle is a major plus
The annual base salary for this position in California and Washington ranges from $89,000 - $135,000. The range displayed reflects the minimum and maximum salary for this position in California and Washington, and individual base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location. Additionally, this position is eligible for the annual bonus plan or sales incentive plan and eligibility to participate in our long term equity incentive program.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 19 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
At the core of our vibrant culture are shared values that form the foundation of our organization. These values revolve around trust, risk-taking, customer focus, and excellence. Our overarching mission is to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster an environment where individuals are encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work, nurturing personal and professional growth through development opportunities, mentorship programs, and participation in Upwork Belonging Communities.
We take pride in providing exceptional benefits to our employees. These include comprehensive medical insurance coverage for both you and your family, unlimited paid time off, a 401(k) plan with matching contributions, 12 weeks of paid parental leave, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. To explore these benefits in detail, as well as gain insights into our company values, working principles, and the overall employee experience, we invite you to visit our Life at Upwork page.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Originally posted on Himalayas