Sr. SDET - Worldwide
28 days ago
We are seeking an exceptional Sr. SDET to lead the automated testing efforts for our production software and internal toolset. The Sr. SDET will play a pivotal role in championing our software's testability, robustness, and performance. This senior role demands a professional with significant programming expertise and the ability to design sophisticated automation tools and frameworks that enhance the efficiency of the manual testing process. The primary objective is to elevate the quality of our software products and internal tools to the highest standards and maintain backward compatibility with our legacy content.A successful Sr. SDET has good time management and strong organizational skills, communication skills, and possesses skills to advocate for best practices in software design, development, and testing; with the ability to upgrade their technical skills in constantly changing technology.
- Lead automated testing efforts by understanding our code’s functionality and interactions within complex software architecture.
- Architect and implement comprehensive test strategies to encompass project features, content backward compatibility, and product performance metrics.
- Design, set up, and maintain test automation across diverse platforms including Mobile (Android, iOS) and desktop (Mac, PC, Linux).
- Develop and maintain testing for custom Unity Editor tools, ensuring seamless integration and performance.
- Collaborate with QA and design teams to refine and expand the automated test plan and feature acceptance criteria.
- Transform bug reports into automated test scripts within our framework, facilitating continuous testing cycles.
- Develop and sustain automated nightly tests, delivering insightful reports for daily team reviews.
- Engage with cross-disciplinary teams, adapting to dynamic priorities with agility and foresight.
- Promote a culture of high-quality communication, collaboration, and automated testing methodologies.
Skills and abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and proven track record of independent workload management.
- Expertise in risk identification and resolution within product features and editor tools.
- Passion for advocating a culture of automated testing
- Deep understanding of programming in C#
- Deep understanding of Unity and Unity Test Tools suite
- Bonus for knowledge in Unity Asset Importers, AltUnity, or Addressables
- Knowledge of common scripting languages like Python, Groovy, or others
- Familiarity with build systems and automation suites, bonus for Jenkins
- Must remain updated with current and emerging trends in a related sector
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in similar roles
- Experience with gaming industry standard tools and practices such as Unity and Testing framework.
- A passion for testing, development, and design.
Position Type/Expected Hours of WorkOur core hours are 10:00am to 6:00pm cst, which means you should be available for meetings etc. during this time.
Other DutiesPlease note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Salary range descriptionAt Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location. The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $120,000 - 275,000This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, caste, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic makeup, marital status, or military service.
Originally posted on Himalayas