Staff Product Manager - Worldwide
The worldwide data management software market is massive (IDC forecasts it to be $138 billion by 2026!). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
This role can be based out of our New York City office or remotely in North America. East coast is preferred.Responsibilities
- In this role, you will be a key leader in the MongoDB security product management team with core responsibilities for encryption in-use, encryption-in-transit, and encryption-at-rest across our Queryable Encryption, Field-level Encryption, and Atlas products.
- You will also have additional product responsibilities in the security space.
- Drive product vision, strategy, and roadmap. Collaborate with other product teams to identify and prioritize efforts based on customer needs, market data, and competitive intelligence.
- Deeply understand all aspects of the business - to ensure a business outcome aligned with our broader product, customer, and company goals.
- Actively maintain a view of how the market, competition, and technologies are evolving, and factor them into our product direction.
- Advise senior leadership on the long-term emerging opportunities in the data encryption, data privacy, and data integrity space.
- Collaborate with product marketing, support, and sales to solve business limiters within your control and pursue key business accelerants.
- Articulate MongoDB’s security features and functionality in customer conversations.
- Demonstrate creativity, an innovative spirit, and a bias towards action.
- 10+ years of product management or equivalent experience with encryption or deep data security.
- Experience working with security focused engineers in a diverse team.
- Hands-on experience with some of these: AWS KMS, Azure Key Vault, GCP KMS, KMIP
- The ability to demonstrate our in-use encryption capabilities via demo programs.
- Some experience with AWS, Azure, and GCP authentication or authorization mechanisms.
- Some understanding of performance in a database context.
- The ability to drive complex projects across multiple teams and deliver results.
- Have the ability to communicate complex technical issues simply and convincingly to a wide range of audiences.
- Ability to write, promote, and execute business cases.
- Comfortable with stage presence and public speaking.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
Nice to have
- Certifications or similar evidence of professional milestone completion and continuous training.
- Community support and participation to advance data and cloud security such as conference or meetup panels and blog or paper authorship.
- MBA, M.Sc. or Ph.D. in relevant domains
- In 2 months you will be fully versed in the MongoDB Developer Data Platform and its encryption capabilities.
- In 4 months you will understand and be able to clearly communicate the needs of the stakeholders you will be managing.
- In 6 months you will be using that understanding to direct the product roadmap and ensure the successful release and use of new features by our customers.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Originally posted on Himalayas