Staff Program Manager, Offsites & Gathering - Tech - Worldwide
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Team You Will Join
Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can Belong Anywhere. As we work to achieve that mission, we’re building world-class leadership experiences targeting our technical teams and leaders. We’re looking for exceptional and creative individuals inspired to deliver innovative learning experiences that have tremendous organizational impact.
About the Role
The Staff Program Manager will play a key role in executing our Tech Leadership team offsites, events and forums. The person in this role will help design creative, engaging and impactful gatherings for our Tech team. Our leaders and teams gather several times a year, virtually and in person discussing and shaping vision, strategy and our roadmap. We aim to create experiences that build community and connection and invest in leadership skill development and capacity building. You will work closely with other members of the Tech LD team to shape these experiences and may partner with other teams at Airbnb to execute these initiatives.
The ideal candidate is confident in their ability to blend project management, event coordination and planning with a deep understanding of how to facilitate and organize exceptional leadership programming. Key to success will be the ability to get into the details, to establish systems and processes, and to deliver world-class experiences with impact.
A Typical Day:
- Develop program strategy for various in person and virtual leadership offsites/events/forums collaborating with other Technical Learning Development team members
- Build a community and foster connection among senior leaders and senior individual contributors across the technical organization through development of in person and virtual leadership offsites/events/forums
- Own the project management, event planning and vendor management for both in person and virtual leadership offsites/events/forums
- Help create toolkits and guides to empower leaders to facilitate and operate their own events
- Knowledge of a variety of activities and experiences to use in team building and offsite
- Design, create content and project manage leadership events for the Technology organization focusing on unique needs and business objectives
- Drive change by project managing follow up activities after each event to ensure the organization and leaders act on commitments
- Coordinate in-person and virtual logistics for learning and events
- Measure, track and analyze the effectiveness of initiatives and programming using data to drive decisions
- Build trusted relationships with senior business leaders across multiple groups and geographies
- Partner with stakeholders, SMEs, senior leaders and external consultants
- 7+ years of experience guiding strategy and execution in an LD or HR program/project management role
- Experience designing leadership offsites for both small and large audiences of 200+ leaders
- Track record of creative and best in class experience design
- Demonstrated ability to manage several programs and initiatives at once, executing against a broad roadmap
- Event management and planning experience, successfully working with venues and vendors
- Exceptional project management skills and detail orientation
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills, with an ability to adapt content and conversations to meet the target audience
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to build trusted relationships across a diverse range of stakeholders and cross-functional partners
- Data-driven approach to evaluating and measuring learning experiences
- Ability to proficiently use presentation technologies, google apps and spreadsheets
- Consultative and collaborative skills, comfort partnering with stakeholders, SMEs, senior leaders and external consultants
- Strong understanding of Technology and Engineering organizations and how they operate
Due to the nature of this position, the successful applicant will need to be based in San Francisco, CA to be able to conduct their work. Currently, employees cannot be located in: Alaska, Indiana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Alabama, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Delaware And Rhode Island. This list is continuously being updated, please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Our Commitment To Inclusion Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
We strive to also provide a disability inclusive application and interview process. If you are a candidate with a disability and require reasonable accommodation in order to submit an application, please contact us at: email@example.com. Please include your full name, the role you’re applying for and the accommodation necessary to assist you with the recruiting process.
We ask that you only reach out to us if you are a candidate whose disability prevents you from being able to complete our online application.
How We'll Take Care of You:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.Pay Range $155,000$186,000 USD
Originally posted on Himalayas