Staff Software Engineer - Worldwide
This is a remote position working from Latin America only.
Funded by world-class investors including Silver Lake Waterman, Moody’s, Sequoia Capital, GV, Riverwood Capital, and others with over $290 million in funding, SecurityScorecard is the global leader in cybersecurity ratings and the only service with over 2M+ companies continuously rated. Founded in 2013 by security and risk experts Dr. Aleksandr Yampolskiy and Sam Kassoumeh, SecurityScorecard’s patented rating technology is used by over 16,000 organizations for enterprise risk management, third-party risk management, board reporting, due diligence, and cyber insurance underwriting. This is done by measuring your and your vendors' cyber-health by assigning a security rating of "A" through "F" based on outside-in, non-intrusive data. SecurityScorecard continues to make the world a safer place by transforming the way companies understand, improve and communicate cybersecurity risk to their boards, employees, and vendors.
SecurityScorecard is headquartered in NYC with over 500 employees globally. Our culture has helped us be recognized by Inc Magazine as a "Best Workplace," "Best Places to Work in NYC" by Crain's NY, and one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in NY for two years in a row.
About the team
Be part of an exciting and growing Technology team focused on product development. Our team emphasis is collaboration and shared responsibilities, you will be hands-on involved in the entire Software Development Life Cycle. We are implementing DevOps Principles in our CI/CD Pipeline. Our team is growing and so will you! Check out our tech stack below and let us know if you are our next star.
What you will do
We’re targeting a Full Stack Engineer who enjoys building commercial products and will play a key role in the delivery of highly reliable, scalable, and maintainable applications. You will drive projects end-to-end, collaborating on product definitions with Product Managers, Backend Developers, and UX designers, implementing technical solutions, and ensuring continued success even after deployment. You’ll strive for simplicity while bringing technical insights into refining and improving the system, ultimately ensuring performance, stability, and an exceptional end-user experience.
- Participate in all stages of the software development life cycle: from design and development to deployment and maintenance.
- Apply clean code principles using accepted best practices for creating straightforward, secure, testable, and well-documented software.
- Collaborate closely with a global team, including engineers, product managers, and UX designers. Build a reliable framework with comprehensive testing of features and performance tuning to ensure platform stability both in terms of uptime as well as performance.
- When involved in a project, help translating requirements, estimating, solve or escalate blockers/points worth of discussion.
- Have ownership of entire projects, being able to understand and answer about all of its aspects (infrastructure, back-end and front-end).
- Delivers code that encourages the team in terms of best practices, readability, design patterns, reusability and testing.
- When shipping and maintaining, keep an eye on data to raise if anything needs to be refactored or improved.
- Typescript, React, Redux + Saga, Jest.
- Docker, Jenkins, Terraform, AWS, Datadog.
What we’d like to see, technically:
- You consider yourself Fullstack and have appreciation for being involved in both back-end and front-end parts of software development in a solid manner.
- 5+ years of experience on a development team deploying agile methodologies, collaborating with technologists, creatives, and product owners.
- Advanced capability using NodeJS and its ecosystem.
- Advanced experience building and extending REST APIs.
- Experience using PostgreSQL (or a similar relational database).
- Calls for and leads code reviews.
- Uses DRY and YAGNI principles in code design.
- Can document and create tests based on high-level acceptance criteria.
- Demonstrable experience with building modern web interfaces and improving the user experience.
- Experience using modern and functional programming styles.
- Familiarity with source control management best practices.
What we’d like to see on communication and team collaboration:
- Appreciates standards across projects and writes documentation.
- Able to present and defend your technical point of view.
- Can estimate project complexity based on early project documentation and conversations.
- Can clearly articulate technical problems and solutions in written and verbal communication.
We offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a unlimited PTO, parental leave and much more!
SecurityScorecard is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skill sets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based on merit and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex or gender (including pregnancy) gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, disability status or any other protected category in accordance with applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, in accordance with applicable law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact email@example.com.
SecurityScorecard does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies.
Originally posted on Himalayas