Strategic Account Executive - Worldwide
Mixpanel is event analytics platform for builders who need answers from their data at their fingertips—no SQL required. When everyone in the organization can see and learn from the impact of their work on product, marketing, and company revenue metrics, they are poised to make better decisions.
Over 8,000 customers, including companies like Netflix, Pinterest, Sweetgreen, Samsara, and Uber, use Mixpanel to understand their customers and measure progress. Our commitment is to provide the most comprehensive and reliable analytics platform accessible and trusted by all.
About the Team
Our Sales team manages the full sales cycle, helping prospects and existing customers leverage Mixpanel to analyze, measure, and improve their customer experience. The Strategic Account Executive has two main responsibilities - Be an Account Executives who bring in new business, and be a Account Manager whom is responsible for nurturing existing customers. The Enterprise team specifically covers companies with employee sizes from 201-1000, with an emphasis on high-growth tech companies who are changing the world around us.
About the Role
As a Strategic Account Executive, you'll help our future customers understand the power of Mixpanel as the best-in-class product analytics solution in the market. Collaboration is key, between building strong relationships with prospects and key stakeholders to working with internal cross-functional partners like Solutions Engineering to win together as one team. You'll leverage your prospecting skills selling SaaS to tech companies alongside strong knowledge of Mixpanel's product and ecosystem to close new business, powering the next generation of innovative companies.
- Prospect into new business units of your targeted customer accounts + greenfield accounts — build and maintain pipeline while owning the sales cycle from start to finish.
- Drive awareness of Mixpanel as a solution within the marketplace and handle inbound requests from interested prospects.
- Maintains accurate Salesforce records related to New Business opportunities, and delivers accurate weekly forecasts related to revenue targets.
- Approach all deals with a customer focused mentality. Develop relationships and uncover the needs of multiple key stakeholders to find value moments.
- Sell with a long-term consultative approach.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with key partners such as Solutions Engineering, Customer Success, Product, Marketing, and Legal.
- Intimately understand Mixpanel's competition as well as technology partners to consult customers on our place in the broader analytics market.
We're Looking For Someone Who Has
- 8+ years of experience in full cycle SaaS Sales from prospect to close, as an Account Executive or related cross-functional role like Sales Engineer.
- Strong outbound prospector experience and have had success at closing net new business deals.
- Effective communicator and collaborator — you have strong interpersonal skills and are an excellent team player.
- Adaptability — you understand that change is constant, and you embrace it.
- Agility and resilience — you move quickly and encourage continued improvement.
- Strong work ethic, desire to learn, and a drive to excel.
- Curiosity for the product analytics space.
Bonus Points For
- Experience selling into high growth tech companies.
- Experience with Mixpanel or other analytics tools.
- Specific Industry experience in one or more of the following: Tech, Fintech, ecomm/retail, ME
The total target cash compensation (TTCC) for this full-time position is $261,500 - $353,500 across the United States. This amount includes base compensation and variable compensation in the form of either a company bonus or commissions. Variable compensation type is determined by your role and level. In addition to the cash compensation provided, this position is also eligible for equity consideration and other benefits including medical, vision, and dental insurance coverage. You can view our benefits offerings here.
Our salary ranges are determined by role and level and are benchmarked to the SF Bay Area Technology data cut released by Radford, a global compensation database. The range displayed represents the minimum and maximum TTCC for new hire salaries for the position across all of our US locations. To stay on top of market conditions, we refresh our salary ranges twice a year so these ranges may change in the future. Within the range, individual pay is determined by experience, job-related skills, qualifications, and other factors. If you have questions about the specific range, your recruiter can share this information.
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental Care
- Mental Wellness Benefit
- Generous Vacation Policy Additional Company Holidays
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Volunteer Time Off
- Additional US Benefits: Pre-Tax Benefits including 401(K), Wellness Benefit, Holiday Break
*please note that benefits and perks for contract positions will vary*
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives
- One Team: We can’t win without each other
Why choose Mixpanel?
We’re a leader in analytics with over 8,000 customers and $277M raised from prominent investors: like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, YC, and, most recently, Bain Capital. Mixpanel’s pioneering event-based data analytics platform offers a powerful yet simple solution for companies to understand user behaviors and easily track overarching company success metrics. Our accomplished teams continuously facilitate our expansion by tackling the ever-evolving challenges tied to scaling, reliability, design, and service. Choosing to work at Mixpanel means you’ll be helping the world’s most innovative companies learn from their data so they can make better decisions.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. At Mixpanel, we are focused on things that really matter—our people, our customers, our partners—out of a recognition that those relationships are the most valuable assets we have. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or other similar laws that may be applicable, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We’ve immersed ourselves in our Culture and Values as our guiding principles for the impact we want to have and the future we are building.
Originally posted on Himalayas