Support Manager - Worldwide
MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you’re checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan or ordering takeout – MariaDB is the backbone of applications used everyday. Companies small and large, including 75% of the Fortune 500, run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
As a MariaDB Support Manager, you directly interface with our customers each and every day to help their business, users and customers succeed and grow.
Our customers use MariaDB Server, MaxScale, ColumnStore, Galera Cluster, Xpand (previously ClustrixDB), client connectors for C, Java, ODBC and other programming languages and environments, and new and emerging technologies made available through MariaDB Server. They also use other open source technologies, operating systems, Linux and Windows. Their servers are deployed on premises, in the cloud, in virtual servers and containers and on physical servers.
We believe technical support is not just a job, but a calling. Our model is unconventional: we do not view support as merely a “cost center,” the unfortunate byproduct of creating products. We do not frustrate our customers or our engineers with scripts that must be parroted and “tiers” that must be escalated through to find someone who can solve an issue. We spend most of our time solving issues that go far beyond simple “break/fix” support or documentation lookup. Our goal is to provide the very best support experience across any industry, and we achieve that by hiring and empowering the very best in the world.
As a MariaDB Support Manager you are vital to a customer’s success in this challenging, complex and ever-changing technology landscape. You’re expected to deliver expert-level technical support services to worldwide customers, across our entire portfolio of supported products. Support services range from software usage and best practices, to service restoration and performance tuning. You will utilize advanced troubleshooting skills and creative problem-solving capabilities and you must be self-motivated and capable of working autonomously.
Because we must provide coverage to our customers 24x7x365, this position does occasionally involve work on nights, weekends and holidays, however, we leverage our global team to minimize this impact as much as possible.
If you have a true passion for helping customers succeed and feel rewarded by solving complex problems, and you enjoy challenges, then join the MariaDB Support team today.
- Prior MariaDB, Percona or MySQL 24x7 support engineer experience
- 8+ years of expertise with MariaDB Server or MySQL Enterprise, and related tools
- Working knowledge of other relational and non-relational database systems
- Passion for serving customers and solving technical problems
- Strong knowledge of SQL and query optimization
- Strong knowledge of database design, administration and architecture
- In-depth knowledge of various highly available environments and technologies
- Proficient with multiple backup solutions
- Experience with cloud offerings and environments
- Experience with automation tool sets
- Experience with containers
- Database monitoring software experience
- Proficient in one or more scripting languages (Bash, Python, Go, etc.)
- Sysadmin experience (Linux, Windows, etc.)
- Very strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Experience working remotely
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
Bonus Experience and Skills
- Contributions to open source software in the MariaDB/MySQL ecosystem
- Experience with other MariaDB products such as MaxScale, ColumnStore, Xpand, SkySQL, etc.
- Proficient with virtualization software (Xen, VirtualBox, VMware, etc.)
- MariaDB and/or other related certifications
Remote – South Korea, Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore or Australia (citizens or PRs only)
What’s in It for You?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking, values empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), stock options, a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
Salaries for candidates outside the U.S. will vary based on local compensation structures.
How to Apply
- If you are interested in this position, please submit your application along with your resume/CV.
- MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
- MariaDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
- MariaDB will not accept agency resumes without a prior contractual agreement with HR. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee directly. MariaDB is not responsible for any unsolicited resumes.
- MariaDB is an equal opportunities employer.
Originally posted on Himalayas