Tax Accountant - USA
7 days ago
Creative Financial Staffing
About the Company:
- Do you really love working for a CPA firm, but need a little more WORK / LIFE balance
- This position could be a Staff or Senior level
- The CPA Firm works with small and large nonprofit organizations including high net wealth individuals, schools, foundations, museums, agencies, small businesses and much more.
- Tax Team: 7 and adding the 8 th !
Perks of the Tax Accountant role?
- The office is very casual and the hours are flexible (schedules 7 to 3; 10 to 6, Hybrid available too).
- They offer paid overtime, but cannot guarantee more than a 40 hour work week
- Laid-back and collaborative environment.
- Looking for future managers and partners!
- 3 weeks' vacation plus sick days
Overview of the Tax Accountant role:
- To prepare annual Federal and state returns for public charities and private foundations, some of which may require bookkeeping.
- Work with a team to help manage client engagements from start to finish, including planning, executing, and completing tax projects while effectively controlling time and expenses
- Prepare federal and state returns for exempt organizations, including summarization of financial information
Preferred Qualifications for the Tax Accountant:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA certificate or intent to seek certificate
- 2 - 7 years of experience in public accounting tax practice preparing tax returns - Forms 1040, 1041, 1120, 1065, 990 and other tax returns
- Ability to organize work and projects, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to analyze financial information, to interpret tax rules, and to work efficiently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with tax preparation and research software, Go Systems, Lacerte, and RIA Checkpoint preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat