Tax Manager Indirect - USA
We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we're the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. You'll fit right in here if you're curious, entrepreneurial, and thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Finance at Vacasa
We think perfect spreadsheets and balanced books are beautiful. Our team embraces the crucial nature of our work and digs into the details to sleuth out correct data. We work with vendors, owners, partners, and employees to keep the gears turning.
What we're looking for
We are looking for an Indirect Tax Manager II to support and help lead our Tax Team. For this candidate to be successful, they must have a strong understanding of tax, be highly self-motivated and directed, committed to solving problems efficiently, and interested in being part of an organization committed to continuous growth and improvement. This is a position that must be able to set the standard for integrity and professionalism, while interacting with a diverse team.
What you'll do
- Manage broader team and company's indirect taxes including sales, use, accommodation, hotel/motel, transient occupancy, room, gross receipts
- Assist with setting teams' cadence to ensure deadlines are met
- Improve the efficiency of tax processes and controls through technology
- Research intermediate tax concepts and apply to tax fillings and processes
- Actively evaluate information for hospitality filings to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Prepare hospitality tax account reconciliations and support financial close
- Review complex work and guide tax accountants
- Work with teams outside of accounting to ensure procedures and information gathered allows for tax compliance and assist with owner questions
- Manage indirect tax SOX controls and ensure team's compliance
- Interact with varying government agencies to maintain tax accounts and ensure they are in compliance
- Educate and train team members on various indirect tax concepts
- Other administrative tasks and projects as needed
Skills you'll need
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance
- 7+ years of experience relevant tax experience
- CPA and public accounting experience preferred
- Strong understanding of indirect tax
- Ability to succeed in ambiguity
- Highly organized and thorough
- Deadline driven
- Strong people manager/team leader
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency with Excel and Google apps for business
- Flexibility and responsiveness to change
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Ability to work from home and resides in one of the followings states: AK, AL, AZ, CA, CO, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NV, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, or WY
You'll be working in your home office setting. We hold virtual training sessions and weekly team meeting. Occasional offsite team meetings in your region or our HQ locations. Requires frequent, repetitive use of a computer, phone, and office equipment. Requires patient, professional communication with prospective clients, and the ability to build confidence with prospects.
$110000 - 125000/year
What you'll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance - employee & family coverage options
- Employer Sponsored & Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- 401K retirement savings plan with immediate 100% company match on the first 6% you contribute
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Flexible vacation time
- Paid sick days and holidays
- Paid parental leave after one year of tenure
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts and
- All the equipment you'll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture
- Please visit our careers page to review our full benefits offerings
Vacasa is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate against applicants based upon race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other classes protected by applicable law. Veterans are encouraged.
Vacasa is committed to maintaining a safe and productive work environment. Possession, use, or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs in the workplace is prohibited.
Some positions may require that you drive a personal vehicle and/or company vehicle for work purposes. Employees who are required to drive a personal vehicle must have reliable transportation, a valid driver's license, and be at least 18 years of age. Employees who are required to drive a company vehicle must have a valid driver's license, be at least 21 years of age, and have been a licensed driver for no less than 3 years.
An offer of employment for this role will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.