Team Lead - Security Operations (Response) - Worldwide
26 days ago
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive. At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you’ll make an impactYou will be managing Security Response, a key team in Xeros Security Operations function. Security Response are a global team of Security Analysts who are responsible for security monitoring, investigations and incident response. You will support your direct reports in becoming awesome Xeros while fostering the growth of a world-class Security Response team. You’ll maintain a working environment in which your team can do their best work sustainably. You’ll monitor and look to support the operational health of your people and processes, aiming for resilience and continuous improvement. You will support your team to hone their analyst skills and grow as individuals in order to meet the capabilities required for the team. Your focus will be on driving best-practice Security Operations and ensuring the team makes progress towards their goals.
What you’ll do
- Coach, lead, and develop a global team of security analysts to be a high performing, highly collaborative and highly engaged team.
- Help to build, scale and deliver a 24x7 security operations capability, including taking a global perspective on our issues challenges, including managing an on-call roster for the team.
- Ensure that Security Incidents are being lead and managed effectively and efficiently by the team
- Work effectively with your peers in Product and your team, assist in the development of roadmaps and plans which effectively and efficiently deliver business outcomes.
- Cultivate strong relationships with relevant internal stakeholders in order to improve collaboration with Security
- Collaborate with other leaders in Security to continually improve our ways of working, practices and operating model
- Work with your peers in Product and your team, assist in the development roadmaps and plans which effectively and efficiently deliver business outcomes.
- Stay up-to-date with relevant and emerging SecOps practices, techniques and frameworks.
- Work with other Xero teams to troubleshoot and resolve issues impacting the Security Response team
- Coach and enable your team to ensure effective and efficient handling of Security issues, including the investigation of alerts via Xeros SIEM.
Culture & People
- As required, lead, develop and grow a high performing team through coaching, mentoring and setting a clear direction by connecting the work they do to Xero’s strategic objectives.
- Support each member of your team to identify, grow and develop their analyst skills and overall personal development and work with them to understand career growth opportunities.
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders to develop a high performing cross functional leadership team at the pod level.
- Have authentic conversations around your peoples’ wellbeing, growth opportunities and engagement.
- Attract, recruit and retain capable individuals, building on and complementing the diversity of teams.
- Execute and improve talent management initiatives and processes within your team such as recruitment, growth and performance management. Drive a culture of engagement and improvement, making sure the team understands how they help our customers and our business achieve great outcomes.
- Create a culture of psychological safety and inclusion. Ensure the health of your team is monitored, that all members of your team are empowered to raise ideas and concerns, and that everyone contributes to improvements in how the team works together.
- Driving continuous improvement through reviewing, developing and implementing best practice ways of working.
- You will facilitate team events such as off-sites, days out, team building activities etc.
- Help to cultivate a fun, appreciative, rewarding, innovative and results-driven culture that lives and breathes our Xero values.
Success looks like
- Security Incidents are being lead, and managed efficiently and effectively, ensuring relevant run books and processes are followed
- Clear communication and escalation of Xero’s security incidents and issues to Head of Security Operations
- Comprehensive coverage to monitor and analyze security events and alerts, and ensure we have a robust security incident response process
- Ensure the team are running and participating in regular incident response drills and reviews, to continually improve our incident response processes
- Active collaboration in the creation of a roadmap that reflects the security threat landscape and the changing needs of Xero
- Continuous delivery and improvement of the Security Response teams capabilities
- Support the development of a data-driven culture where clear metrics are used to assess and manage all initiatives
- Attracting and retaining talent to maintain a world-class Security Response team
- Cultivating a fun, rewarding, agile and results-driven culture
What you’ll bring with you
- Leadership experience, minimum of 3 years
- Experience leading a global team is advantageous
- Security experience, including with SIEM, is advantageous
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, comfortable with ambiguity and proven ability to lead
- Strong coaching, and leadership skills
- Excellent written, interpersonal communication and people skills
- Is able to build effective relationships across all levels of the business
- Ability to cascade business strategy down to your team members
- Understanding of security concepts
Originally posted on Himalayas