Technical Account Manager - Worldwide
At Coinbase, our mission is toincrease economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in aculture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to ourmission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Coinbase is seeking a Technical Account Manager (TAM) Analyst to maintain and grow Coinbase Institutional Technical relationships, implementations and integrations. Technical Account Managers (TAMs) work in close alignment with Coinbase Sales, Account Management, Product, Support and Engineering teams to ensure Coinbase’s products and services meet exceed clients’ expectations.
As the trusted technical advisor to Coinbase customers, the TAM is responsible for the health growth of Coinbase technology and integrations within their book of clients. Also the TAM serves as the point of contact for technical service escalations.
The TAM is accountable for developing and reinforcing strong and effective client relationships, particularly with key stakeholders and decision makers. The launch and testing of new products and services rely on the trusted relationships developed by the TAM.
What you'll be doing:
- Work with Sales and Account Managers to take ownership of all technical initiatives for designated accounts.
- Work in tandem with Account Managers to map out account structure, identify decision makers and establish touch points for technical operations.
- Gather product requirements from customers and advocate these requirements within Coinbase Product and Engineering teams. Work closely with product teams to provide product roadmap updates to customers.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of customer environment and operational constraints. Ensure that any customer configurations are documented and part of the product development lifecycle.
- Work with assigned accounts to establish a well-defined technical and business process for cloud and on-prem deployments. Coordinate go-to-market for new product features to ensure the best customer experience.
- Provide detailed reviews of operational performance of account, metrics and service disruptions to management team and customer.
- Provide API development support guidance to clients during onboarding for clients utilizing the Coinbase API suite across all product lines, including best practices guidance
- Assist Support Engineers in troubleshooting technical issues and service outages for assigned accounts.
- Responsible for escalation to Coinbase senior management to ensure timely resolution of service outages.
- Create, document, and review the tools needed to effectively sell clients on new integrations and products through the use of apis and developed software
What we look for in you:
- 2+ years of working experience; Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Math, or related field required or equivalent work experience
- Proven experience assisting applications/technical deployments in a client facing role
- Hands on experience working with standard trading API protocols including FIX, REST and Websockets
- Proven understanding of enterprise software architecture, networking, and cloud services
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Ability to engage decision makers on product and technology
- Ideal candidate must be self-motivated and develop a deep understanding of Coinbase product and technical stack
- Organized and analytical. Able to distill sophisticated and ambiguous requirements into clear results
- Knowledge of Python or another programming language is a plus
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.
Originally posted on Himalayas