Technical Operations Leader - Worldwide
27 days ago
As a trusted global transformation partner, Welocalize accelerates the global business journey by enabling brands and companies to reach, engage, and grow international audiences. Welocalize delivers multilingual content transformation services in translation, localization, and adaptation for over 250 languages with a growing network of over 400,000 in-country linguistic resources. Driving innovation in language services, Welocalize delivers high-quality training data transformation solutions for NLP-enabled machine learning by blending technology and human intelligence to collect, annotate, and evaluate all content types. Our team works across locations in North America, Europe, and Asia serving our global clients in the markets that matter to them. www.welocalize.comTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.The following is a non-exhaustive list of responsibilities of the Technical Operations Leader:OverallManage the team of production/integration engineers responsible for monitoring automated workflows and solving issues.Ensure that daily cadences and processes are consistently followed.Drive efficiency through automations.Drive the use of operational KPIs and continuous improvement.Achieve operational performance targets and ultimately customer satisfaction.Apply knowledge management best practices so that known issues and resolutions, client policies, and other key information are captured and reused.Set group Objectives Key Results (OKRs) and contribute cross functionally to other corporate OKR’sWork closely with Solutions to implement customer strategy.Provide input to steer technology investment priorities.Team managementRecruit, train, and manage team members across multiple locations operating on a 24/5 basisOversee the work and professional development of technical staff.
- Post Secondary - degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Software engineering or a related field.
- Proven experience (minimum 5years) in API management, systems integrations, software development, data integration, and workflow optimization.
- Proven track record managing technical operations and high-volume workflows.
- Previous experience in a business environment that used workflow platforms, RPA or other automation technologies.
- Proven ability to think strategically and articulate ideas and plans at senior management level, excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated people management and leadership experience; strong collaboration skills working effectively in a matrixed organization to deliver customer solutions and business results.
- Experience collaborating with IT and/or software development teams as a stakeholder.
- Experience with building data sets from Redshift data warehouse, analyzing and creating action plans.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities per the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Other Relevant Skills
- Agile/Lean/Six Sigma experience desired.
- Strong working knowledge of language tools and software is an advantage.
- Strong competency in data analytics and developing data driven operating procedures.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence.
- Excellent literacy skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to adapt in a changing work environment.
- Ability to consider multiple perspectives to devise the most suitable customer and account operational strategies.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, time-sensitive, and deadline-driven work environment.
- Ability to manage large diverse remote teams.
- Takes ownership.
- Good Negotiator.
- Has situational awareness and ability to prioritize.
- Comfortable forming and asserting a strong point of view across the company.
Originally posted on Himalayas