Technical Product Marketing Manager, Core Product and AI - Worldwide
At Retool, we’re changing the way software is built. We’ve developed the fastest way to build internal tools, saving companies time, resources, and engineering bandwidth. Whether it’s refunding orders, underwriting loans, managing marketplaces, rolling out new features, analyzing transactions, or providing customer support, Retool makes it dramatically faster and easier to build internal tools that teams need. We believe that the future of software development lies in being a force multiplier for developers and technical builders, helping them move considerably faster building a lot more software. We’re looking for highly collaborative people as we build a world-class team to support this mission and we’d love for you to join us!
WHY WE’RE LOOKING FOR YOU:
Tens of thousands of customers rely on us to run their businesses. The Retool Product Marketing team helps bring customer insights into our product strategy, build and launch products that make our customers successful, and impact the entire product lifecycle. We’re growing our platform and product suite, and we need a great, technical marketer to bring our story to life for developers.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU'LL:
- Establish a developer marketing strategy that helps us build a new category of software development, and influences the audience and priorities for our marketing, product, and developer experience teams.
- Produce creative campaigns and moments, partnered with technical PMs and developer advocates, that capture the hearts and minds of developers and convince them to try our suite of products.
- Drive the full cycle of product marketing, from informing product strategy to building GTM strategies, creating major launch moments to driving long-term adoption for our core app building and AI products.
- Develop product positioning and messaging informed by user research, competitive research, and a real understanding of how our most technical products actually work.
- Become one of the biggest advocates for developer experience—advocating for existing and prospective users.
- Keep a pulse on our competitive landscape (including building software from scratch) and become the go-to expert for your audience to help shape the product roadmap and strategy.
- Work closely with a range of cross-functional teams—product managers, engineering, sales, design, PR, and the rest of the marketing org—to develop go-to-market strategy and drive launches for our products.
- Collaborate with our GTM enablement teams to create a cohesive and clear message for developers, whether they’re browsing our website or getting a product demo.
THE SKILLSET YOU'll BRING:
- 5+ years experience in Marketing or a technical role
- Experience marketing highly technical products and technical fluency
- You’re passionate about technology, how things work, and breaking down technical concepts in ways that everyday people can understand
- Data-oriented curiosity—you have a track record of digging into the data and qualitative customer insights to drive decisions forward
- A degree in computer science, engineering, math, or a technical field
- Excellent written and verbal communication, with experience writing for technical audiences
- Excellent project management skills, with an uncanny ability to keep multiple work streams and cross-functional partners and vendors in sync around timelines
- Strong sense of curiosity and first principles thinking—bring your intuition, but leave behind any playbooks
Retool offers generous benefits to all employees. For more information, please visit the benefits and perks section of our careers page!
At this time, Retool is only set up to employ in the US and UK.
Originally posted on Himalayas