Technology Risk Manager - Worldwide
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 44+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.7+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you'll work on:
- Partner with the first line of defense Technology teams and Chief Technology Officer to drive and support the implementation of Enterprise Risk Management programs including issue management, policy management, change management, risk assessment, third-party risk management, training.
- Responsible for effective challenge and technology oversight including governance, identification of risks, developing remediation strategies (e.g., corrective actions), and influencing the technology strategy and execution of the program.
- Responsible for partnering with the first line of defense to assess enterprise level technology risk and proactively support the Technology function in directly assessing their risk profile and advising where risk controls are needed.
- Apply deep knowledge of systems and solutions, data architecture, software development, IT operations, technical controls in anticipation of technology risks inherent to the business.
- Lead risk assessments, monitoring, and reporting on technology risks inherent to business activities, including engineering, security and cyber. Manage technology issues and self-identify, monitor, remediate and report on issues.
- Apply influence to ensure the availability of technology risk input requirements, to build consensus on risk mitigation and remediation strategies among global and/or regional stakeholder groups.
- Responsible for supporting the ongoing risk management, and engagement across functions by engaging as a key business partner with Technology, early in the process, in risk discussions and ad-hoc interactions to support ongoing risk identification, ownership, mitigation and acceptance.
- Advise and provide consultation in enabling the Technology function to calculate current risk exposure by evaluating the risk factors, suggesting mitigation measures, and alignment with corporate risk statements and tolerances.
- Provide Technology and Security Framework subject matter expertise and input to ensure delivery of risk related awareness, training and orientation to all employees, and other appropriate third parties.
- Lead and implement periodic reviews, executive level reporting, and recommend updates to the policies, processes, tools, and templates to reflect the changing environment (e.g., new products).
- Collaborate with the ERM team on Technology risks and their relationship to Security, Legal, Privacy and other operational risks at Circle.
- Support the Security and Technology Specialized Risk Committee in providing risk expertise and input into the overall health of the Technology Risk program and provide periodic results of the risk-based monitoring (e.g., assessment/testing) program.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- 7+ years working in risk management for Technology (and Security preferred) in a financial services, payments or technology (growth) company.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Risk Management frameworks and programs.
- Experience in embedding a risk culture in a rapidly expanding business environment, preferable technology or financial services.
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Slack and Apple MacOS preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Risk Management or Business preferred. Technology Certifications Security Certifications preferred (ex. ITIL, CISM).
- This position is eligible for day-one PERM sponsorship for qualified candidates.
Circle is on a mission to create an inclusive financial future, with transparency at our core. We consider a wide variety of elements when crafting our compensation ranges and total compensation packages.
The compensation range below is specific to New York, NY. Actual starting pay is determined by various factors, including but not limited to: relevant experience, skill set, qualifications, and other business and organizational needs. Please note that compensation ranges may differ for candidates in other locations.
Base Pay Range: $135,000 - $180,000
Annual Bonus Target: 15%
Also Included: Equity Benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). Circle has a discretionary vacation policy. We also provide 10 days of paid sick leave per year and 11 paid holidays per year in the U.S.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Originally posted on Himalayas