Translator (m/f/x) English-Dutch Freelance - Worldwide
At Quandoo, we bring gastronomy and technology together.
Since launching in December 2012, we have continuously grown and are now active in 12 countries around the world such as Australia, Germany, Italy and the United Kingdom. With plans to develop even further, our mission is clear: To transform the world’s dining-out experiences.
We offer diners the opportunity to discover and make reservations at restaurants via our website or mobile app. We also provide restaurants with innovative management tools that enable them to build relationships with new & existing guests, streamline their day-to-day service and maximise their overall potential.
As an employer we are committed to the growth of every team member and support collaboration across organizational boundaries. We deeply care about what we do, we are respectful, open and have faith in our colleagues abilities.
This is why our core values are fundamental to us:
have a growth mindset
We are looking for a talented freelance DutchTranslator (m/f/x), who will play a key role in ensuring that all of our marketing materials (for both our B2C & B2B customers) are translated from English to Dutch. To succeed in this role you should have a natural understanding of Dutch, a good grasp of grammar and excellent attention to detail.
You will work closely with our Content Managers and Content Designers (across both our B2C & B2B marketing teams and product teams, respectively) to make sure that translations convey the original meaning. Translations must be completed in an accurate and reliable manner, in clear and concise Dutch, whilst preserving the relevant Quandoo tone of voice and style guidelines. We have different guidelines for our B2C and B2B content.
- Translate content from English to Dutch, including but not limited to:
- Product related materials
- In Product copy
- Product Localisation
- Blog posts
- Web pages
- Social Media posts and In-App, Push messages
- Ad-hoc support such as internal announcements
- Ensure translated content conveys the original meaning and tone
- Edit content with an eye toward maintaining its original format (e.g. font and structure)
- Proofread translated texts for grammar, spelling and punctuation accuracy
- Follow up with internal team members to ensure translation meets their needs
- Resolve issues associated with translation, localisation and culture
- Proven work experience as a Translator
- Written & verbal fluency in both Dutch (native speaker) and English
- Cultural knowledge in both target and source language(s)
- Excellent proofreading skills with the ability to identify grammar, spelling and punctuation errors
- Good knowledge of content editing tools
- Content management skills: ensuring consistency and excellence across multiple channels
- Flexibility and adaptability to the different assignments and tasks using the relevant skills and tools in each case (accuracy, creativity, terminology adequacy, etc.)
- Organisation & time-management skills. Able to prioritize. Results orientated. Self-motivation
- Ability to maintain professionalism and focus under pressure and tight deadlines
- Creativity, adaptability and the ability to work collaboratively with a team
- Ability to learn new tools and technical procedures quickly and effectively
- Experience with Crowdin is a plus.
- Availability for 10-20 hours per month
Originally posted on Himalayas