User Experience Designer II - USA
HOME DEPOT EMPLOYMENT MANAGEMENT
At The Home Depot, we get UX; it is baked into our DNA. Now we are expanding our team to drive new initiatives. As a member of the UX team, you will work with other strategists, designers, and researchers to help craft end-to-end experiences and identify customer needs.
You are a designer with a desire to solve interesting and meaty customer problems. Whether it's using design thinking techniques to drive ideation and alignment or bringing a paper prototype to your user for a quick experiment, you can identify and execute the right steps towards solving a problem. You recognize the value of well-crafted design along with the value of imagination and play in building great products within a business environment.
With passion for good interaction and visual design, you can craft end-to-end experiences to enact cutting-edge retail strategies; balancing user needs with business strategy and ultimately creating delight for your customers. You love to work hand in hand with your users to build a more effective and efficient experience for them. You might not consider yourself a researcher, but you have solid awareness of research best practices and know that research is the foundation towards good design. You can also use evaluative approaches to iteratively improve your products.
You appreciate feedback and support from fellow researchers, designers, engineers, analysts, or product managers in our cross functional environment. You enjoy collaborative effort, taking feedback and input to your UX activities as a means of improving the end result. You are as comfortable influencing business leadership as you are your product leadership and individual contributors. You are the customer and user advocate. You drive innovation by championing actionable user insights, deeply understanding our customers, enhancing product usability, and providing our team avenues to delight our customers. You communicate effectively and share a point of view that guides quality decisions.
- 90% Delivery & Execution - Exhibits courage and provides strong perspective, has voice in room; Provides UX design artifacts, leads research activities, & tests usability of their assigned product; Leads and participates in research data collection and synthesis; Collaborates and pairs with other product team members to design solutions; Communicates ideas and designs to end user and product team members; Advocate for design centered thinking inside your product
- 10% Strategy & Planning - Partners with Product, Development, other UX resources; Understands business goals at a feature & product level; Executes on the experience vision & purpose; Actively and consistently seeks learning opportunities
Direct Manager/Direct Reports:
- This position reports to Systems Engineer Manager or Sr. Manager
- This position has 0 Direct Reports
- No travel required.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- 2-4 years of UX experience in an Enterprise or retail environment
- 2-4 years of experience working with agile software development teams
- Desire to thrive in a fast-moving environment
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
- No additional education
Minimum Years of Work Experience:
Preferred Years of Work Experience:
- No additional years of experience
Minimum Leadership Experience:
Preferred Leadership Experience:
- Action Oriented
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Drives Results