UX Manager - USA
Wherever you work and whatever role you fill, when you represent the Bridgestone name you know that you are a valued teammate who is part of our larger mission to Serve Society with Superior Quality. We start by offering each teammate more than just a salary. We provide formal training, competitive performance incentives, paid vacation and holidays, healthcare packages for Full time and part-time employees, and a 401k plan to help build your future. We believe people can only provide superior service and quality to others when they are allowed to bring their whole selves to work and know they are supported. We believe in championing all perspectives, individuals and teams because we understand the importance of seeing the world and our business through many different lenses. We are building a team as diverse as the world we serve. So, show us what you are made of. Show us the smart stuff, the tough stuff, the bold, beautiful and brave stuff. Because who you are is what we need. Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee and is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation headquartered in Japan. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand products to address the needs of a broad range of customers and industries.
The User Experience (UX)/User Interface (UI) Lead sits within a mature cross-functional team, with C-Suite visibility, dedicated to driving the vision of Firestone Direct across the Bridgestone organization. As a UX/UI lead youll contribute both to the longer-term strategic imperatives of the group, while also tactically guiding design and experience work on the application.
- Design human-centric user experiences with internal and external team members.
- Guide team members in strategy, research, alignment, analysis, design critiques, and design execution tasks.
- Improve the product by creating user flows, task flows, journey maps, prototypes, and elegant design solutions.
- Collaborate with and present to the development team screens and flows to ensure a seamless delivery of design components and artifacts.
- Oversee DesignQA of the implemented UI as part of DesignOps.
- Identify customer needs and taking proactive steps to maintain positive experiences.
- Govern the implementation of modern UX designs and standards as well as contribute to our internal design systems, best practices, and guidelines enterprise wide.
- Lead workshops to answer critical business questions through design thinking, rapid prototyping, and testing ideas with customers.
- Collaborate with product owners, business stakeholders, and partners to develop a core understanding of customers needs and expectations.
- Engage in portfolio prioritization to help set the strategy and product road map for the team.
- Assess the maturity of the design team and their process, coaching the team to higher levels of maturity.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Establish and maintain standards on customer engagements and user feedback loops.
- Establish and maintain quality standards within an organization that are adhered to and best practice.
- Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Network with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Participate in and contribute to agile ceremonies.
- 8+ years of related experience with a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI); or 6 years and a Masters degree; or a PhD with 3 years experience; or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 8 years experience in User Experience design.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in leading UX/UI development teams
- Proven ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes and solutions.
- Proven ability to create and apply personas, user journeys, user-centered design and interaction design principles.
- Significant experience designing and delivering world-class digital experiences
- User-centric design approach that involves rapid testing and iteration of designs
- Expertise in industry tools such as Sketch, Figma, InVision, Miro, Google Analytics or similar.
- Basic HTML5 and CSS3 skills are required
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a bachelors degree; or 6 years and a masters degree; or a PhD with 3 years of experience; or equivalent work experience
Regular : Full time