UX/UI Engineer - Senior/ Principal - USA
The Data Engineering - Data Movement Services department is seeking a highly motivated UI/UX developer to join our team. Our team is responsible for the management, support and development of GEICO's self-serve data exchange platform. Our team's mission is to build a self-service data exchange platform where data producers bring their data and data consumers can choose the data they want to consume. As a UI/ UX developer on our team, you will be expected to develop an interface for in-house platform that is both intuitive and user friendly.
Qualified candidate should have a demonstrated ability to deliver user friendly interfaces that enhance user experience. He or she must be able to gather user requirements, design graphic elements and build navigation components. The successful candidate will be knowledgeable of clean architecture principles and must be able to demonstrate a solid working understanding of these principles. In this role you will work closely with multiple enterprise teams to ensure that the platform supports the needs of the program.
• 2-5+ years of experience developing in React and Angular 8
• 5-7+ years of experience with C# and .Net
• Demonstrated ability to read C# code and debug
• Demonstrated ability to gather user requirements and deliver based on requirements
• Demonstrated ability to create original graphic designs to enhance UI as needed.
• Ability to design user interfaces applying best practices to ensure responsiveness and ease of navigation
• Strong analytical, critical thinking, decision making, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and still function as an integral part of a team.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Possesses an understanding of Agile methodology & framework
• Ability to multi-task, organize and manage multiple stakeholders/projects simultaneously and work in a very fast-paced environment
• Must have a strong sense of ownership, responsibility, and initiative
• Demonstrable capacity for learning technical concepts and adapting to new technologies quickly
• Ability to recognize and apply an appropriate sense of urgency to projects and tasks
• Understanding of code development best practices, process design and automation, security concepts, Agile concepts, tools, and technologies.
• May be required to be on call for production support 24x7
• Strong understanding of data engineering best practices and tools
• Ability to stay current with evolving best practices in UI/UX
• Experience with at least one or more public clouds (AWS, Azure, GCP)
As a full time associate, you'll enjoy our Total Rewards Program to help secure your financial future and preserve your health and well-being, including:
- Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Assistance including Direct Billing and Reimbursement payment plan options
- Paid Training, Licensures, and Certificates
Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
GEICO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO celebrates diversity and believes it is critical to our success. As such, we are committed to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals to join our team